The MP Club
Membership Club for Watercolor and Water-based Media Painters
Members of the MP Club receive new content each week plus you'll have access to a global community of watercolor painters!
- July: Art Review and Art Plan
- June: Plein Air Watercolor
- May: Florals in Watercolor
- April: Intro to Gouache, Gouache Demo, DIY Paint Tube Organizer
- March: Sketching Figures, Tips for Painting Figures in Watercolor
- February: (Mostly) Painless Perspective, Street Scene Demo
- January: Limited Palette, Experimental Techniques, and Live Paint Along
- December: Textures in Watercolor; learn to paint different textures in watercolor. Vinita demonstrates barn wood and glass and also shows you some great ways to make textured backgrounds
- November: Still Life in Watercolor; learn about taking reference photos and painting dynamic still life paintings in watercolor
- October: Shadows in Watercolor; learn about shadow components, reflected light, and how to paint shadows
- September: Painting Big Skies in Watercolor; paint dramatic skies and subtle skies
- August: Shape Making in Watercolor; use shapes to strengthen your composition and simplify the painting process
ENROLLMENT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Led by instructor Vinita Pappas, the Messy Palette Club (or MP Club for short) is an online private membership club for painters working in watercolor and other water-based media.
You can get inspiration, insight, and answers from Vinita as well as the other members in this supportive and encouraging online community.
Club members receive new content each week that consists of tutorials, product reviews, Q&A sessions, painting challenges, interviews, field trips, and more! Plus members can submit images to the Member Gallery as well as the Open Review.
Vinita's painting tutorials are insightful and helpful. It's just like being in her studio watching her paint.
I have enjoyed immensely, the classes I have taken from Vinita. I’m in awe of how she mixes her colors.. her explanations are clear and concise. I love being able to re-watch her demos, whenever I have time...over and over. Great classes!! Great teacher!! -Cindi
In addition to tutorials, another great feature of the MP Club is the Open Review. Have you ever found yourself stuck, not knowing how to finish a painting? Take an image of your painting in progress, upload it to the Open Review, and get feedback from Vinita and other Club Members. It's like having a great team of painting friends offering their advice!
The MP Club may be the exact thing you've been looking for...
- An inspiring instructor
- A supportive community of painters
- motivating painting ideas
- your painting questions answered
All of this in the convenience of your own home, fitting into your schedule.
The MP Club is for all levels of painters - beginning to advanced. The main focus is watercolor, but all water-based media will be explored; gouache, ink, acrylic, and mixed media.
"I love teaching art! I teach exactly how I would want to be taught – in a way that encourages folks to create with more freedom, boldness, and simplicity. One of my joys as an instructor has been creating an online community with the MP Club. It is wonderful to have a gathering of people interacting, collaborating and sharing their love of painting. I hope you'll join us!" -Vinita
Access is easy -- join as a member, log in, and see the content. Vinita will be releasing content each Thursday in the form of episodes. You can view the episodes over and over, and go back to past episodes as well. The membership fee will be billed automatically each month with no long term commitments. Club membership is affordable. In fact, being a member of the club for a whole year is less than the cost of a typical 3-day painting workshop!
I'm honored and humbled to be an art instructor. There is nothing quite like the feeling of helping someone express their own creativity.
I teach exactly how I would want to be taught – in a way that encourages folks to create with more freedom, boldness and simplicity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please join the email list to be notified of future classes. Thanks!